‘Business consulting' is an umbrella term that encompasses many types of consulting — from employee training to difficult tasks such as laying off employees.
Put simply, business consultants analyze a business's practices and then recommend improvements. They will usually have some form of specific expertise that they are hired to leverage on behalf of the company.
- Look at the business objectively to identify problems and provide solutions.
- Specialist expertise to solve a specific problem or capitalize on an opportunity.
- Someone neutral and objective to handle controversial issues like layoffs or conflict resolution.
- Extra horsepower to supplement the existing staff.
- Business's strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats (SWOT)
- Re-allocate resources to pro